COMING MAY 9th, 2014 FED UP
This film received a lot of attention at the Sundance Film Festival, it focuses on the sugar industry and its effect on the health of Americans. Experts Dr. Lustig, Dr. Kessler, Dr. Hyman and Dr. Ludwig all speak to this epidemic. Narrated by Katie Couric.original pub 4/3/2012 last revised 4/8/2014
Please remember It All Adds Up. Take steps to reduce your sugar consumption. Beginning to educate yourself and understand how it effects your body. Please watch the 60 Minutes segment that aired a few months ago: Is Sugar Toxic? It is a great introduction to Dr. Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology: Sugar the Bitter Truth.
Understand just how bad Fructose and Sucrose are for our bodies.
Here are some Facts:
- Adult women consume 335 more calories than just 10 years ago.
- Sucrose is Fructose linked to Glucose.
- All Calories are NOT equal
- 100% of the calories from Fructose pass into the liver compared to 20% for Glucose.
- The Liver is the only organ in our body that can process Fructose.
- 30% of all Fructose consumed is converted into fat. Glucose is almost none.
- Fructose is (by definition) a toxin to your system.
For any parent who has handed their child a 20 ounce bottle of Gatorade, this is a must watch. You need to understand that it is the equivalent of 5 servings for a child and contains 50% sucrose.
You may also view these videos in Nuegreen.com’s Video library.